Search Posts

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Grace Is . . .


I asked God this evening, “What is grace?”

With pen poised, I received this answer and jotted it down.

Grace is . . .

mercifulness.
favor unasked for.
the presence of Spirit.
the Divine’s embrace.
what some might call luck.
a signal that I am in the will of God.
a reminder that I am ever attended to.
bestowed as a gift; it cannot be earned.
often manifested through others as instruments.
available to all; there are no victims of circumstance.
given in sufficient doses daily; it cannot be stockpiled.
the cosmic hand that holds mine as I walk through darkness.
not to mean that I am without struggle, but that I have strength to endure.

Be enlightened!  ~ M

2 comments:

  1. Loved it. Simple but thought-provoking, stopped at each definition, mulled over, and received a dose of optimism. Wonderful way to start my day and week. Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Derry,

      Welcome to my blog! Thank you for commenting and for following.

      Mulling over is one of my favorite activities. It’s the only chewing I know that does not diminish flavor, but enhances it.

      Be enlightened! ~ M

      Delete