Search Posts

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vulnerability Bridge

Vulnerability is the bridge to intimacy, and it takes courage to cross it. As I stand on my side of the Pond of Pretense and you on yours, we can hear only faint reverberations of each other’s true voice across the divide. It is not until I consider stepping onto Vulnerability Bridge that you can begin to hear whispers of the authentic me.

My tidy appearance, my controlled temperament, my organized environment -- these are not the elements of self that serve to span the wide waters between us. I head toward intimacy with you when I begin to investigate and reveal my inner dimension. Am I willing to admit when I feel wounded by your words? Do I own my errors? Dare I utter the words, “I don’t know”? Can I ask, “Will you forgive me?” Will I directly request what I want and need from you? Do I uncover my past that I had hidden in shame? This emotional timber forms the planks on that bridge of vulnerability.

When I courageously expose my heart to you, I, by example, give you permission to do the same. We, both exposed, meet at that bridge and form an alliance of truth. Together, we traverse over the waters of pretentiousness and safely enter the land of intimacy. Now, we can hear each other over the superficial din. Talk to me here.

Be enlightened!  ~ M

2 comments:

  1. This lyrical piece was written by a clearly enlightened soul,a creative soul, a knowing soul, a forgiving soul ... I found it to be very inspiring,prompting me and giving me the courage to become more honest in my relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for writing commendations.

    It pleases me immensely when I hear that someone is inspired and encouraged by a post found here. It gladdens my heart to know that you have been prompted toward honesty. For without it, our interactions with others seem a superficial waste of time. No? The true you is invaluable. Yes!

    Please visit again. I will look forward to hearing from you in the future.

    Be enlightened! ~M

    ReplyDelete